Highlighted

Preset import error message

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my scenario:

I've exported my 50 or so presets from LR Classic (version 9.1) and placed them on my desktop.

I then open lightroom (version 3.1) and attempt to import said presets and get the error message below.

"some files could not be imported as presets or profiles" it then lists all of the presets on the error message with the additional code of "legacy process version"

the purpose of doing this is to have my presets in both environments with the hopes of having the ability to use my presets on the fly from a mobile device once sync'd.

also, the file extension of the presets is .xmp

Any help is appreciated,

Joe 

Topics

Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preset import error message

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my scenario:

I've exported my 50 or so presets from LR Classic (version 9.1) and placed them on my desktop.

I then open lightroom (version 3.1) and attempt to import said presets and get the error message below.

"some files could not be imported as presets or profiles" it then lists all of the presets on the error message with the additional code of "legacy process version"

the purpose of doing this is to have my presets in both environments with the hopes of having the ability to use my presets on the fly from a mobile device once sync'd.

also, the file extension of the presets is .xmp

Any help is appreciated,

Joe 

Topics

Mac, Presets or profiles, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no need at all to Export and import the Develop presets!

Simply opening Lightroom (v3.1) on the same computer as Lr-Classic will automatically 'transfer' presets for mobile Web use.

This link has these instructions-

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/faq-install-presets-profiles.html

ScreenShot051.jpg

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. It looks like I have an issue with my privileges on my mac. I am able to copy the preset files into the lightroom presets folder on my mac via finder but when I select to import via lightroom the library folder is greyed out. I did some quick research and it looks like this is an issue on my end (Mac).

I will  have to research further as I am able to download presets with a .xmp extension and import them with no problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines