• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presets management and operation.

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After investigating a bit, I came to the conclusion that Presets management and operation must be the single most inefficient area in Lightroom.

I am in love with this program, as the initial "developer" of all my Raw files. I have been using it since it was distributed in physical format and couldn’t be happier with the current subscription model of LR+PS.

Over the years LR  has always evolved in directions I've found extremely useful.

However, managing and applying presets is a pain to deal with.

I now have a huge number of presets under a series of groups.

To navigate through them, there’s only a slider and "point and click" action available, by using a the mouse or a similar input device.

I searched the net and was not able to find a single way to create shortcuts to efficiently and quickly apply a most-used preset.

There's a rudimentary solution for just a single preset, a solution that needs to be setup every single session, which is to open the "Copy Settings" panel, after first applying the required preset and then just past it via the "Paste" button or “Ctrl+V” for the remainder of the processing session.

I found a YouTube video where a guy created a little "Presets Jumper" script to use the up and down keyboard keys to scroll through all presets, but it was one from 2013 and the link to the script no longer works.

In a sense, presets are like actions in Photoshop, something to apply some settings (...or a series of settings, in actions case...) previously created to every single image we might  need.

Why can we assign shortcuts to actions in PS but not to presets in Lightroom?

At least, the program could allow us to colour code the background in each Preset tab, so we could more easily locate the one we need in a particular long group.

Is there a requests page we might hit for these?

Thank you for any inputs.

NK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are a Lightroom Classic user then the best place to post feature requests is on the following site which is monitored by Adobe engineers: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_photoshop_lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there’s only a slider and "point and click" action available

My mouse scroll wheel will easily scroll down the Presets panel.

create shortcuts to efficiently and quickly apply a most-used preset

Lr-Classic: Do you use the 'Favorites' grouping? (not available in Lr- but a good suggestion for adding!)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines