• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pressing D (develop module shortcut) resets all adjustment settings on the photo?!

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've been having some problems in lightroom classic on the desktop recently.. Occasionally when I press the D shortcut to enter develop mode on a photo to which I have made previous editeds, it resets all the adjustment settings. I've searched forums etc. but not seen anyone else with this problem. Anyone have any ideas what might be causing this? - no suggestion is too obvious, I'm relatively new to lightroom.

I'm on windows 10 and lightroom classic is up to date.

Thanks, Sam

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Are you saying that all the 'History' is deleted ('Cleared') from the History panel?

What do you see in the History panel of one of these "reset" images?

Or is that just the Adjustment sliders are 'zeroed'?

Do you see a 'Before' version when you toggle with the back-slash [\] key?

Are you looking at photos that have been edited in Photoshop?

Have you tried the (often suggested) Preferences reset? Preferences Reset 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying that all the 'History' is deleted ('Cleared') from the History panel?

What do you see in the History panel of one of these "reset" images?

Or is that just the Adjustment sliders are 'zeroed'?

Do you see a 'Before' version when you toggle with the back-slash [\] key?

Are you looking at photos that have been edited in Photoshop?

Have you tried the (often suggested) Preferences reset? Preferences Reset 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi WobertC. Thanks for your reply,  It was resetting the sliders, and the imnage to an uneditied state. The history panel still showed all the history, but when I tried to move back through the history, at the time, the picture still stayed in it's unedited state. I tried this morning however and it seems to be working OK - they are images with quite a lot of edits so maybe lightroom was just taking a while to apply them to the image. Not sure why pressing D was resetting the sliders, in the first place, but I'm pretty much OK now the history seems to be working. Thanks for your help. I'll update this post if I work out why the D shortcut is doing that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines