Highlighted

Pretty upset right now (Lightroom CC Discarding Changes)

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom CC everyday for my photo editing and image processing.

Since the recent update I have been having issues where edits I make to a photo will disappearing like I never made them. I just spent around 6 hours editing a photo and when I exported it, Lightroom CC exported the original image like it had never been edited.

I changed views from Detail to Square Grid and my image showed the edited version in Square Grid view but when I clicked back onto the same image in Detail view it showed me my unedited image.

Eventually the image just reverted back to its original unedited state in both views (Detail & Square Grid) and pressing undo would only bring me back 5 or so actions. (Even though I made HUNDREDS of changes to the image!)

The image had around 4 separate brush layers as well as a radial filter.

I'm guessing Lightroom CC didn't/couldn't save all my edits since they were extensive. Regardless, I've wasted a lot of hours and at the end of the day I don't have a whole lot of recourse other than to redo all the work. I'm quite frustrated by the situation.

This is the second time this has happened to me in the last couple days.

Has anyone else had similar issues recently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Pretty upset right now (Lightroom CC Discarding Changes)

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Lightroom CC everyday for my photo editing and image processing.

Since the recent update I have been having issues where edits I make to a photo will disappearing like I never made them. I just spent around 6 hours editing a photo and when I exported it, Lightroom CC exported the original image like it had never been edited.

I changed views from Detail to Square Grid and my image showed the edited version in Square Grid view but when I clicked back onto the same image in Detail view it showed me my unedited image.

Eventually the image just reverted back to its original unedited state in both views (Detail & Square Grid) and pressing undo would only bring me back 5 or so actions. (Even though I made HUNDREDS of changes to the image!)

The image had around 4 separate brush layers as well as a radial filter.

I'm guessing Lightroom CC didn't/couldn't save all my edits since they were extensive. Regardless, I've wasted a lot of hours and at the end of the day I don't have a whole lot of recourse other than to redo all the work. I'm quite frustrated by the situation.

This is the second time this has happened to me in the last couple days.

Has anyone else had similar issues recently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?