• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent imported photos from auto adding to an album

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a scoutmaster for a local scout troop and I take Lots of pictures and share lots of albums. I find that Lightroom keeps trying to add new imported photos into the last album that I was in. This includes non-scouting related pictures and sometimes they aren't appropriate to share with the scouts (e.g photos of my dogs whelping).  How to I prevent Lightroom from auto importing to an album. Is there a way to force Lightroom to always default to "none" in the photo inport dialogue. Fyi I'm using the Version of Lightroom that works on an iPad. With all the changes in in titles, I'm not sure what Adobe calls it this week. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify a few things:

1. What are you importing from? A memory card from a camera, or are you only using the iPad's camera?

2. If the latter, which camera app are you using: the native iOS camera or the Lightroom camera (or something else)?

3. Can you tell us the exact version number of Lightroom that you are using? You'll find that in the Settings menu>About Lightroom,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What are you importing from? A memory card from a camera, or are you only using the iPad's camera?

I shoot with a Sony a6000 and upload by inserting the SD card into my macbooks SD card reader (yes, I'm one of the lucky ones still using a macbook that has an SD card reader ;D)

2. If the latter, which camera app are you using: the native iOS camera or the Lightroom camera (or something else)?

I am importing directly into Lightroom from the SD card using Lightroom without either saving the photos to the computer hard drive or passing through another app.

3. Can you tell us the exact version number of Lightroom that you are using? You'll find that in the Settings menu>About Lightroom,

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Version 3.1, Build 20191126-2330-434c343.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so you're not using the version that runs on an iPad, you're using the version that runs on a Mac or Windows desktop computer. That being the case, I don't think there is yet any way to get Lightroom to remember and use either "none" or a specific album....so really it's down to the user to try to remember to select/deselect the target album every time you do an import. Most of the time I remember, but sometimes I don't.

I would think there'd be a feature request for improved import options already in existence at the official Adobe feedback site - https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc?topic-list[... - you could perhaps check that out and add your vote/comments as appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines