Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Previews in Library are not showing the developed images

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I am giving Lightroom a try after years using Bridge and Camera Raw. I made a test to import files into the Lightroom catalog, and it worked ok in the sense that the program identified correctly that the files have develop settings in the Camera Raw Database. But I can't see the developed image in the preview, like in Bridge. I only see the icon indicating that the image has develop settings. When I open it in the Develop module, I can see the developed image, but not in the Library module. Do you know how can I make Lightroom to show me the developed images in the Library? I couldn't find that info... Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should normally automatically update the preview in Library according to the settings applied. Try zooming in to 1:1 in Library. Perhaps the preview database is taking a long time to update. Zooming to 1:1 forces recreation of the preview under normal circumstances.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jao,

I've tried that, with no success. It only shows the settings when entering in the Develop module. The version of Camera Raw with which I made the adjustments was very old (5.7), but still, Lightroom can read the adjustments correctly in the Develop module, so I don't understand why it doesn't show them in the Library. I would greatly acknowledge any other advice...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to manually force it to create new previews. Library->Previews->Build Standard sized previews. The preview building is often lazy. Also, it is possible that you have your image import set to use embedded previews. In that case, you will only get new previews built if you force them or if you go into develop and change any of the sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now it worked! Thank you so much, Jao!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines