• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Lightroom Desktop: Ability to print

LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We really need a "convenient" way to print.  Some of us still like to create prints to hang on a wall.  While I know the printing is still available in "classic", to be able to move forward with Adode, an integrated print function needs to be added to Lightroom CC.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 191 Replies 191
191 Comments
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2019 Aug 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything in life requires prioritization. I do support the request to add print and also to sync properly with Classic, but there's a lot of very valid requests and Adobe has to prioritize those requests. They may not prioritize the way you would like them to, but there's no conspiracy to it. There's just a finite amount of resources and a lot of things to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right. 

Ask them to stop paying marketing fee for useless name changing.
They will have time money and ressources to use native API to add such a function. Serious :)))

OK see you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you give us either the list of priorities (so we can see how long we have to wait for printing) or a date by which Adobe will implement printing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum...

Probably because if you see some request / problem at the end of the list, you are aim to cancel your subscription. 

I imagine the frustration of the man how is in charge of create this snag list. 

To not forget, the list is probably huge. LR classic is an old piece of software. Mobile is brand new (2YO). And Adobe a really big and old company. Big dinosaur are strong but slow.

Don't forget the simple Acrobat Reader is a 500Mo piece of software only to open, print and fill formular.
Everytime you open Acrobat, a message prompt you something for you to accept (document preparation or I can't remember what) and you need to search internet how to disable this functionally in a very long setup menu. This functionality cost so much to users in lost time and Adobe don't care about.

So how do you want them to add a such complex feature.

They are not even able to create a proper import windows on Classic (Mac OS) without overlapping problem in GUI...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Why don't you give us either the list of priorities

I'd love to, but they won't publish it because it changes constantly, based on feedback from users, operating system changes, things that other teams are working on, all sorts of things. But then, I'm sure your priorities change frequently too. That's just life.

The votes here are taken into account when prioritizing though, so the best thing you can do is vote on all the requests that matter to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2019 Aug 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may not keep my trial subscription to Lightroom CC without print capabilities. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2019 Sep 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet, printing has always been an essential part of top professional photo editing applications. Adobe is definitely pushing to go the CC route yet they omit this basic option? Priorities change...I get this. But the lack of printing option for long time users shows the priority is not the end user. I can see asking for some other type of non common feature but this should be a given. I cannot comprehend how Adobe does not get this. Say what you want about teams and our priorities changing but it is just defending a ridiculous omission.
The simple fact is Adobe decided to go this route with Lightroom a few years ago. At that time they obviously had the "resources" they needed to do this. That is the time they should have add a print module. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the Canon, my solution if you don't or can't open in Photoshop is to use the Canon Print Studio app that came with your printer. Export the photo from LR and open it in the Canon app.  No need to buy something else. I do this sometimes even as an alternative when I am using Photoshop, because its color control is sometimes better and it allows you to save preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit in lightroom, print from I Photo. You can also use the software you get from Canon. I believe it called My Garden you can use that print module, it is just limited to certain sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand it Canon Print Studio Pro is a plug-in for Lightroom Classic and photoshop not a stand alone application. I would love to use it with Lightroom CC, could you expand on your workflow please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's dumbfounding that there is no print function on Lightroom CC.  This is a very basic function.  It frustrating that this isn't mentioned on any of the product page or in the tutorials.

And also that there is no facial recognition on Classic.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, marketing pages aren't known for listing the things they don't do. There is face recognition in Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just like everyone else, I understand that Lightroom CC is a cloud backed asset (image) management software but I cannot understand Adobe's push to Creative Cloud, if the cloud apps are going to be so limited.  It has taken me a while to move from Lightroom Classic to Creative Cloud and I'm starting to get use to the interface.  Not having a simple print facility is beyond me.  I use to love going into Lightroom Classic and print 1 or more photo's per A4 page knowing that the images would be correct size on the paper ie. printing an 8x10 on an A4 page.  I was really hoping that Lightroom CC was going to replace flickr.com for web-storage and nicely integrate my mobile photos with my camera photos into one spot but that opinion is being shattered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can you get this feature added. The syncing features of lightroom don't seem to exist anywhere else and are fantastic - my wife and I can each take photos, have them automatically sync to the cloud, and then edit / organise them once anywhere on phone, ipad, laptop, Mac. This isn't "pro" use, just family with lots of photos like everyone these days. But as well as using print services we also like to print our own photos at home. How is it possible that this isn't built in? Given how well this works I don't really want to have to ditch the whole thing and try to move to some other cloud storage and photo application just to simply the things like printing

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to re-visit this as I found a solution without having to purchase anything else than Lightroom.

Edit your picture in Lightroom on your laptop.

Re-visit it from your cell-phone and choose to export it. When it´s done with that you can choose to print it. 

Choose your printer and it will print in RAW-format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround I am using as well. But this can't be the final solution. This is like the cloud based "word" will not allow to print letters or just only via pdf version. 

I am using the desktop OSX version to organize and to optimmize my pictures. And from time to time I would like to print out one for personal use. This is a basic function and I do not understand, why my mobile phone is supportung this function, but my desktop does not. Pls. correct that adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum. You're not talking to Adobe developers here. You are not talking to anyone associated with the Adobe company here, other than the fact that we use Adobe products. And this forum is for Lightroom. If you are accessing this forum using your computer, if you go to the first page of the website there is a link to provide feedback. That link will take you to a forum where the developers monitor much more closely. Many users have expressed a need for printing from Lightroom, but you may also express your feelings as well.

Annotation 2020-09-07 090343.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a way to print my photos...I can't export to photoshop to do it.  I'm suppose to have photoshop, I'm suppose to be able to print.  WTF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where to start!!!!

(1) Have you transferred the images from your camera to your computer?

(2) Did you install Photoshop on your computer?

(3) Did you set your OS to use Photoshop as the program with which to open a picture file?

(4) Did you open a picture? (doubt that you did based on your statements above)

(5) Do you know how to send a picture from Photoshop to your printer?

(6) Is your printer's driver installed on your computer and is the printer connected to your computer?

(7) ..... it goes on from here:  Basic knowledge of basic operation of a computer needs to be learned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need printing as well I don’t understand why this is taking so long to implement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am finding that I like the cloud-based app more than the classic. Will I ever be able to print from the cloud-based app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly someday, but Adobe doesn't set out their plans publicly in advance as things change. Add your vote to this request: Lightroom Desktop: Ability to print

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this facility be available? As a new user I didn't know, and Adobe didn't make clear to me, that it is not possible to print from Lightroom CC, this is a big letdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe never comments on future developments. If this is a real problem for you, then you should consider switching to Lightroom Classic.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I also have the canon pro 100 using PC windows 10.  Can I edit in lightroom and copy the photo back to my photo album and print the edited version from there?  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate