Highlighted

Printing from Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to the community so please pardon any redundancy if this topic has been covered - I wasn't able to find the exact question I'm posing.

I just got a killer deal on a Canon Pro-100 printer from B&H and was so excited to be able to take control of my printing.  That was, until I learned that Lightroom CC DOESN'T have a print module!!  Beyond frustrated.  I am a complete and total newb when it comes to printing photos and need help.

What is my best work-around for a lack of a printing module?  Looked at adding Photoshop to my CC plan but not worth the cost for this single feature.  What are you all doing to get around this inexplicably missing feature?  Any resources, how-to's, instructional resources, etc would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I'm on a Mac

Thanks,

Sam

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

Since Lightroom CC does not have printing capabilities yet, you'll either have to purchase some other program that does have that capability such as Photoshop Elements or find a free utility on the Internet that provides that capability and use it until Lightroom CC eventually does have printing capability. I don't know what plan you have, but if you have the photography plan that also entitles you to Lightroom Classic CC, that program does have printing capability.

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Printing from Lightroom CC?

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to the community so please pardon any redundancy if this topic has been covered - I wasn't able to find the exact question I'm posing.

I just got a killer deal on a Canon Pro-100 printer from B&H and was so excited to be able to take control of my printing.  That was, until I learned that Lightroom CC DOESN'T have a print module!!  Beyond frustrated.  I am a complete and total newb when it comes to printing photos and need help.

What is my best work-around for a lack of a printing module?  Looked at adding Photoshop to my CC plan but not worth the cost for this single feature.  What are you all doing to get around this inexplicably missing feature?  Any resources, how-to's, instructional resources, etc would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I'm on a Mac

Thanks,

Sam

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by JimHess | Adobe Community Professional

Since Lightroom CC does not have printing capabilities yet, you'll either have to purchase some other program that does have that capability such as Photoshop Elements or find a free utility on the Internet that provides that capability and use it until Lightroom CC eventually does have printing capability. I don't know what plan you have, but if you have the photography plan that also entitles you to Lightroom Classic CC, that program does have printing capability.

Topics

Feature request, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I did. I purchased, for Lightroom CC, Photoshop Elements 2019 which also has some very good features itself. In addition, I think you can add Elements to a second computer. So, you might have a laptop and a desktop and would be able to have the entire system, Lightroom CC, and Elements 2019, on two computers for the cost of only one purchase. The two programs can work together for difficult work, or quick fixes, There are features in ElementsI like, for example, the collage feature, and several other quick editing tools. If you look, and wait, you can get Elements at a discounted price. I know it might seem like an expensive solution, but you'll never have to buy Elements 2019 again. In the years to follow, you'll only have to worry about one charge. All and all, Elements 2019 is going to give you much more versatility than Windows built-in programs for only printing. I've found for myself Photoshop Elements is a great add on for Lightroom CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I'm glad that has proven to be a solution for you. Personally, I prefer working with Lightroom Classic CC, and occasionally print from Photoshop. Everyone has to find the best solution.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are on a Mac, the easiest workaround is to export a full-sized jpeg and print it from preview. It is indeed very frustrating that CC does not have printing. Classic has superb printing features and many other features that CC does not (yet) have.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With version 2.1.1 (the latest as of today) there is an option File/Edit in Photoshop.  This opens a 16 bit TIFF copy of your original, with all your edits applied, in Photoshop  from where you can print on a local printer.  You do of course have to have Photographers plan with Photoshop.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam,  I am curious as to  what solution you came up with when printing with Lightroom mobile using your pro 100.

I believe I am in the same situation as you were then. 

I too am new to printing photos. I am using an iPad and took  advantage of the canon pro 100 special at B&H, However I desperately would like to know how to print with Lightroom from my iPad. 

the meagre offerings of the  Canon app does not give me much choice in regard to  printing management. (Colour, Art paper choice, etc)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only version Lightroom that has ANY printing capability is Lightroom Classic CC. That is the only answer. There is no other solution. If you want to print from Lightroom using your Canon Pixma Pro 100 then you will have to use Lightroom Classic CC on a computer. If you want to print from your iPad then it will be necessary for you to find a print utility that works with your iPad. Since I have never used an iPad I have no recommendations for you. But I can tell you that you cannot print from Lightroom using your iPad because that feature isn't that. When it will be or whether it will be in the future is only known by Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me.

I can do everything I need to do (90% of the time) within Lightroom but when it comes to printing I have to export to another program. I just don't understand this omission, especially as it was a feature historically included in Lightroom. I'm seriously reconsidering my subscription

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing to realize is that what is now called Lightroom (i.e. the cloud

cc version) is NOT a newer version of Lightroom. It is a port of the mobile

version of Lightroom to the desktop. What used to be called Lightroom is

now called Lightroom Classic and it gets updated all the time. It has all

the features you expect. They simply renamed it. Only thing it can’t do

that Cloud Lightroom can is store the entire library catalog in the cloud.

If you need to do anything with your images such as exporting, printing,

uploading to social media or other websites, Lightroom Classic is what you

need - NOT Lightroom (I.e. the cloud version). Adobe did their best to make

this extremely confusing. For the large majority of users Classic is the

right solution. If you like your images to all be in the cloud and

everywhere the same and your images rarely leave the Lightroom ecosystem

(I.e. no printing etc.) use Lightroom Cloud.

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 12:18 PM MikeCofferon <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably not the way Adobe intends it, and probably not how many users of Lightroom (the cloud version) see it. But I look at Lightroom the cloud version as some sort of an Adobe lite version. It doesn't print and it doesn't have some of the other functionality that Lightroom Classic does. However, it does provide quick access on all devices, and quickly enables users to share their images with other people wherever and whenever they wish to do so. But if you are really serious and want to print and want to have everything that Lightroom has to offer then you want to use Lightroom Classic. At least that's what I want. I share a few images on Lightroom when I want to share them with family and friends. But the bulk of my library is only in Lightroom Classic, and that's the way I like it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines