Exit

Problème de noms de mes raws dans Lightroom Cloud based version

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.

I have a big problem. Let me explain.

I edit my photos via shadow pc is a powerful pc in the cloud for those who do not know.

Suddenly to send my photos, I create my albums via lightroom CC on my pc then via the creativecloud synchronization, I recover my photos in lightroom classic on my shadow but I have a problem because some of my photos have the same name and this fact does not synchronize with lightroom classic.

I would like to be able to rename my RAW

I look in lightroom cc and I can not find

I know it is possible to do it via lightroom classic but my RAW are not there so it does not help me.

Has anyone ever had a similar concern or solution to offer me?

thank you in advance

Geoffrey

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Geoffrey,

Welcome to the Adobe Community!

There is an ongoing request for renaming images in Lightroom Cloud based version, you can add your vote to it here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-cc-renaming-in-bulk?topic-reply-lis...

You can rename the images outside of Lightroom before importing them into Lightroom and that should not cause issues with syncing the images to Lightroom Classic.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can't rename files in Lightroom Cloudy but you should set up your Classic to import your cloud images into date separated folders to avoid the problem you are referring to. In Preferences, you go to the Lightroom sync panel and specify a location and make sure to click on "Use subfolders formatted by capture date:" and use one of the many different available settings. 

The other thing to do is to make sure your cameras are not setup to restart numbering every shoot session but use consecutive numbers, whihc means the same filename will only come up once every ten thousand shots. That combined with the segregation by date will mean you never run in the overlapping filename problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines