• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem Getting Photos Back to Lightroom from Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom v. 3.3 and Adobe Photoshop 21.2.0 on MacBook Pro mid-2015 running Catalina 10.15.4.

I import RAW photo into Lightroom. I choose File > Edit in Photoshop. Photo transfers to Photoshop as a .TIF. I edit the photo then go through the following process to attempt to get it back to Lightroom to finish my edits:

1. Save the image using Command + S.

2. Close the image using Command + W.

The image closes in Photoshop and this creates a file in Pictures > Lightroom Library.lrlibrary with a file name that looks like: FILENAME-edit.tif.

I go back into Lightroom and expect to see my edited image there, but it isn't. I the top left corner of the Lightroom window, I see "Import from Photoshop" with a progress bar, but no progress is made after waiting quite a while.

I can't access the temporary "edit" file using Photoshop or Lightroom to try to restart the process.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can get my "edit" file back into Lightroom?

Screenshot 2020-07-12 12.00.28.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not post this in the Lightroom Classic forum. Please post it in the Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This probably isn't going to help you, but I'm going to outline the steps I just tried. I don't use Lightroom (for the cloud) that much. I opened an image from Lightroom into Photoshop and did some editing. When finished, I simply closed Photoshop. Photoshop prompted me to save the image, and I accepted. I didn't choose any save options in Photoshop. Photoshop closed and I returned to Lightroom and the edited image was there and stacked with the original. I'm using Lightroom 3.3 on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thu is the Lightroom Classic forum. You need to post this in the Lightroom forum. See the screen capture.

408B623A-AD39-4D7F-A8D0-87834EF6A231.jpeg

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try looking in Recently Added after sync has completed – see web image below.

Tip. after editing in PS click Cmd+W then click the save button.

[Question moved from LrC to Lr]

RecentAdd.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines