Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem in Lightroom with Tif-Files from Photoshop

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I usually edit my images in Lightroom Classic (V9.3, ACR V12.3).
When I pass an image to Photoshop (Edit in.../Edit in Adobe Photoshop 2020...), edit it in Photoshop (V21.2.0) and save it when I close it, a Tif-file is created which appears in the Lightroom Library.
Recently, however, only a grey square has been visible instead of the edited image. The error message is: "Lightroom has encountered problems reading this photo".
If I save the image in Photoshop with "Save as" instead of simply saving it when closing it and select the byte order IBM PC as an option, then Lightroom immediately displays the generated TIF without errors!

Thanks for your help!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just followed the routine you outlined using my computer, and the TIF file saved and displayed in LrC without any issues. I'm using Windows 10. What operating system are you using? Incidentally, I just clicked the close button in Photoshop and chose to save the finished work. There was no choice on which order. The TIF file just saved and Photoshop closed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello JimHess,
thank you for your quick response.
My system is Win10x64 2004.
When closing Photoshop or closing the image in Photoshop, I don't get any options for saving the tif-file either.
I just noticed that it might be due to the options for the tif file that Photoshop currently uses by default. Because if I save manually (Save as...), then I can choose options. If I choose "Macintosh" as byte sequence, LR cannot display the image either. But if I choose "IBM PC", then LR can display the image, just as it used to work for me when I closed Photoshop directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you. Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines