• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Lightroom Syncing

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am trying to get all of my photos from lightroom CC back to classic CC (without losig my edits). The only way I have found to do this is to sync everything to the cloud, and then boom, it will be in Lightroom Classic.

this has been mostly working, but here's my issue.

I only have 100GB of cloud storage, and roughly 800GB of photos in LR.

So I thought I would sync 100GB at a time, delete the phottos in the cloud, and it would upload a new round of photos, sync those with classic, rinse and repeat until I was done. All of this because I don't want to/cant afford to pay for more storage.

All was going fine until I started deleting things from the cloud/web app. Now all of my albums in the cloud and web app are cleared out. My photos still exist in the desktop app (LR, not classic) but in "all photos, not sorted into albums anymore. (pictured below)
Screenshot (277).png

The kicker, nothing will upload to the cloud, I get this error, and everything goes straight to sync issues... If lightroom is opened, nothing happens.

Screenshot (276).png

So what can I do from here?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Apparently going to the photos with errors in lightroom (not classic) for desktop, filtering by sync error, and giving those photos a star rating fixes the uploading, but not the sorting, which is good enough for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE AGAIN: Nope... Setting a rating didn't actually fix it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little confused. You say that you are synchronizing 100 GB TO the cloud and then to Lightroom Classic. Where are you synchronizing them FROM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same local hard drive, unfortunately to preserve my edits within lightroom I have to do it this way. I caved and bought 1TB cloud storage for this month to do the transfer. Effectively my issue is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines