Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with resolutions importing-exporting files

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using LR for years now, but recently I've started to have problems with the size of my pictures (due to a new camera, I don't know...)

I import my pictures from RAW directly into my LR libary but on my computer they are 30MB, when they are imported in LR they suddenly are 1MB. I obviously am doing something wrong...

Does someone know a simple explanation?

Also, is it normal that when you use a preset, they is a lot of quality loss (from high MB to low MB)?

Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your question is unclear: I import my pictures from RAW directly into my LR libary but on my computer they are 30MB, when they are imported in LR they suddenly are 1MB.

Where are you seeing 1MB? Is this on a phone or tablet or browser? Are  you using Lightroom or Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed unclear, sorry.

I have a HP (Microsoft) with LR CC and only work on my laptop for photography...

From the moment the pictures are imported into the LR library and when when I export them again to my computer files (the export setting are on their highest). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is still unclear... From the moment the pictures are imported into the LR library and when when I export them again to my computer files (the export setting are on their highest). 

Please upload a screen shot that shows where you are seeing that your images are 1MB.

In the meanwhile try this: Select an image from grid view in the Library module > Open the Metadata panel in the right hand column > confirm that the Dimensions are correct (not cropped by a preset) and that the file format is still RAW (not jpg).

Then with the  same image selected > right-click and Show in Finder and confirm the file size in your finder window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac, and possibly only importing the previews created by the  Mac Photos App? (the full-size raws will be hidden in the Photos Library if imported into Photos App)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed unclear, sorry.

I have a HP (Microsoft) with LR CC and only work on my laptop for photography...

From the moment the pictures are imported into the library and when when I export them again to my computer files (the export settings are on their highest)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you are seeing/locating the original file and not merely the preview.  Double-check where you are importing the files and check the original file. One thing to pay attention to is the extension, does it match what you are capturing, such as NEF, CR2, ARW...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines