• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with sequence numbers when importing

Participant ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I've noticed that when I import from my SD Card into lightroom the assigned sequence numbers are all out of order.  I like to apply a name change which is descriptive on import followed by a sequence number.  Fortunately when I tell lightroom to sort them by Capture Time it does so nicely.  For example.  I just imported 300 photos from a timelapse sequence taken at 5 second intervals.  I set the import settings to start with # 1.  The first image is numbered 0155, the second 0160, third is 0056, and on and on.  The one numbered 0001 is the 83d photo in the series, and the last one is # 0190.  This seems to be a regular occurance lately, but it used to work properly.  Can anyone tell me how to fix this, please?

I'm using LRc on a Windows 10 system.  The files are all JPG.  

Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think changes were made some versions back to improve the speed of import, which includes doing more import operations in parallel, rather than sequentially. This, as you have observed, can cause problems if the user renames on import to include a sequence number. Personally, that's not something I would do (culling post import would mean lots of sequence number gaps), instead I would only ever use sequence numbers when exporting images, if appropriate. If you specifically need to use sequence numbers inside Lightroom, I suggest you leave the renaming until after the import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your explanation.  I was thinking I might have to go that way.  PITB but it is nice to have faster downloads and maybe not renaming will speed it up even more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines