Highlighted

Problem with smart previews / originals

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the current version of lightroom with preferences set to store a copy of originals on my hard drive. In some cases, the preview shown in the grid differs from the image shown in detail. For example the preview is the right way up, the detail is rotated upside down. If I rotate either the preview or the detail, the images are rotated but still differ. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks, David

On looking more carefully, it seems that the problem is related to the local storage of originals. If I delete the local copy, things are ok again but I seem to loose the last edits. It appears that edits made on my notebook are not reflected in the copy of the original on my mac - the preview is current but in detail the "old" original is shown.

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with smart previews / originals

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the current version of lightroom with preferences set to store a copy of originals on my hard drive. In some cases, the preview shown in the grid differs from the image shown in detail. For example the preview is the right way up, the detail is rotated upside down. If I rotate either the preview or the detail, the images are rotated but still differ. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks, David

On looking more carefully, it seems that the problem is related to the local storage of originals. If I delete the local copy, things are ok again but I seem to loose the last edits. It appears that edits made on my notebook are not reflected in the copy of the original on my mac - the preview is current but in detail the "old" original is shown.

Topics

Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Peru Bob LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the poorly named Community Help forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Lightroom forum so that proper help can be offered.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines