• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems reading this photo.

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increasingly, I am getting the attached message when working with an image in the Development Module. 

 

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 9.29.17 AM.png

The image remains in the Library Module but the Development Module looks like this and is not usable.

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 9.53.10 AM.png

Assistance would be appreciated.

Jim Gonsman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating the driver for your graphics card. If that doesn't solve the problem then go to the preferences in Lightroom and disable GPU acceleration and see if that resolves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Jim.  My first reply to that would not go due to "an unexpected error" so I am trying again.  I am not skilled with computer trouble shooting.  I have a 2 year old iMac and am using Lightroom 6.  I talked to someone at Apple Support re the graphics card and he was sure that the graphics card would have been updated along with the OS if such an update were available.

I was not able to find anything in the Lightroom preferences re GPU acceleration.  I did find one thing that might be relevent. See screenshot below.

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 6.03.41 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more thing and I hope this helps.  I attempted to export this image and got this reply.

Screen Shot 2020-05-08 at 8.57.58 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake. Remove the checkmark from, "Use graphics processor". Try that and see if it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I removed the checkmark and my fingers are crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines