• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with Importing photos

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to import my photos into Lightroom, the progress bar shows up, but it doesn't go anywhere. I've tried for hours and nothing loaded--not even a single photo. I quit Lightroom several times and I also restarted my computer and nothing changed. 

Is there anyone that can help me with this problem or knows anyone i should contact?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience while trying to import images to Lightroom.

Would you mind sharing the version of Lightroom you are using by going to the "Help" menu in the application, then select "System info"? Also, it would be helpful if you could sharing the version of the operarting system you are using along with how (source) you are trying to import the images?

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running Lightroom 6.0 on a macOS 10.15.2 computer. I have the photos in a file in my desktop. I have tried dragging them to the lightroom program as this usually works. Because this didn't work, I hit the normal import button and selected the file on my desktop that they would be coming from. The files on my desktop are stored on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue may be due to compatibility issues between Lightroom 6 and macOS Catalina. Lightroom 6 has not been tested on the latest macOS which you are running. Please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/macos-catalina-compatibility.html

You can try and go to the "System Preferences" of your Mac, the "Security and Privacy" and select the "Privacy" tab. Then select "Accessibility" from the list on the left and add Lightroom to the list. Also, grant permissions to Lightroom under "Files and Folders" and "Full disk access". Once done, restart the computer and check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been having a hell of a difficult time importing.  When I load Lightroom there is just a blue spinny wheel and I cannot access anything nor can I import.  I'm about to cancel LR and go to another platform, but would prefer not to.  Really needing help here.  I shoot 6 days a week and am struggling with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Nancy,

We are sorry that you are also facing the same issue. Are you also using Lightroom 6 on macOS Catalina? If not, please share the version of Lightroom you are using and the version of your computers operating system.

If yes, then please check the reply posted above.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines