Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Profile not importing into LR CC

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I feel like I'm missing something basic but...

I'm trying to import a develop profile I made in Camera Raw to LR CC. I'm going FILE > IMPORT PROFILES AND PRESETS > and choosing my .xml file I created. Then nothing happens. It doesn't show up anywhere. Anyone know why this might be happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the steps you used to create the develop profile - How did you create the .xml file? Did this preset work in a previous version of Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created the profile in Adobe Camera RAW and yes, it works in Lightroom Classic just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you selected the correct kind of file? If you created a raw profile, then it won't show when you have selected a jpeg image.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be the case. Works with raw files, not JPG. How would I go
about making it compatible for both?--
Eric Gay
(Personal Information removed by Moderator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Camera Raw, right-click on the profile and choose 'Rename Profile' while holding the Alt/Option key. That will give you some extra options, one of them being able to specify whether the profile should be restricted to just raw or not.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines