Highlighted

Profiles - where did they go?

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, here’s a question I’m hoping someone can assist me with. I downloaded Lightroom CC and have learned quite a bit doing the tutorials. Then I discovered Lightroom Classic was also available in my subscription. I uninstalled Lightroom and installed Lightroom classic. Not liking the classic I’m back to using Lightroom CC. Here's what changed:

In the editing options, there is only one Profile, which is colour. Somewhere the other profiles, being landscape, portrait, standard and vivid etc have gone missing. Also missing is Adobe RAW and Camera Matching.  Would anyone know where these went? I've already removed and reinstalled Lightroom with no luck. 

Any help would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Profiles - where did they go?

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, here’s a question I’m hoping someone can assist me with. I downloaded Lightroom CC and have learned quite a bit doing the tutorials. Then I discovered Lightroom Classic was also available in my subscription. I uninstalled Lightroom and installed Lightroom classic. Not liking the classic I’m back to using Lightroom CC. Here's what changed:

In the editing options, there is only one Profile, which is colour. Somewhere the other profiles, being landscape, portrait, standard and vivid etc have gone missing. Also missing is Adobe RAW and Camera Matching.  Would anyone know where these went? I've already removed and reinstalled Lightroom with no luck. 

Any help would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Presets or profiles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 27, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely, you are editing a JPG file.

The Profiles will only appear for 'raw' file-types (NEF CR2 DNG RAF, etc)

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for your reply. I double and triple checked the properties, they are RAW.  I even checked to see if the camera had changed to jpeg + raw but no.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 0
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what Camera Model?

Many of the new 'mirrorless' cameras embed the profile within the raw file (as set in camera). Lightroom then will only show 'embedded' and the 'Color' and 'B&W' options.

Regards. My System: Lr-Classic 9.4, Lightroom 3.4, Photoshop 2020 (21.2.1), Nikon DSLR, Windows-10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi – it’s a Canon Rebel T6i

Newby here - My earlier pictures are fine. The problem arose when I loaded lightroom CC and all was great. Then when I saw that lightroom classic was included with my subscription, I uninstalled the CC and loaded Classic. I didn’t like the classic (too much of a learning curve) and I removed classic and reinstalled the Lightroom CC.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 27, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mystery solved. My pics were all shot in RAW but Lightroom freezes everything when using the crop tool. I decided to crop my pics in a different program and when I saved them they were saved as jpegs. I need to find a work around for cropping.

Christine
Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2019 0
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Christine,

So there is much to answer in your last post!

"Mystery solved." - So that is the "Profile" question answered!

"Lightroom freezes everything" - Do you mean the program stops working?

"crop my pics in a different program" - That would mean you must export copies of your photos, but I am not sure why you would do this.

"I need to find a work around for cropping." - So do you have a problem Cropping in Lightroom (Cloud version)? What happens when you try?

If you want to send photos elsewhere (as cropped), then I would be cropping in Lightroom then exporting the result. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes Lightroom program freezes when I use the cropping tool. I was using Windows photo app for cropping. I like to crop before editing and when I saved the RAW file in windows photo app, I didn’t realize the file then became a jpeg file. Which meant no adobe RAW profile.

Yes it’s Lightroom cloud freezes as soon as I crop. I can crop and straighten the picture but as soon as I hit the enter key to save the crop, the original picture shows on my screen. But when I look at the picture using the film strip, the cropped picture is there. I have to close Lightroom and open it again and then the cropped image is there.

Christine
Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 28, 2019 0
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to answer your "Crash with Crop" problem, but can only offer suggestions.

Is your Internet connected when editing?

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing Lightroom (CC Desktop) with the CC Desktop App?

Have you tried updating your Graphics Card Driver from the OEM. (Windows updates have been known to cause problems)

I would suspect 'Graphics' if the screen image is not up-dating when you crop.

Ask your question at- https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/categories/photoshop_family_lightroom_cc

There may be Adobe Staff/Engineers that read and can provide a better answer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, you are correct in the screen not updating when I crop. It updates when I close Lightroom and open it again. I read somewhere that the graphics was the issue. I don’t know how to fix it at the moment without doing more research. I have Windows 10 and the laptop is only a couple of years old.

Christine
Sent from my iPad

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just found a you tube video on how to update the graphics card for windows 10.

I will try this.

thanks for your help!!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0