Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about Lightroom CC vs Lightroom classic

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I currently use lightroom CC and am thinking of switching to Lightroom clasic. I am finding that aftor a shoot it takes hours for lightroom cc to backup the photos, both to cloud and to a external hard drive. I am wondering if Lightroom classic is quicker becuase it is desktop based. Is the desktop based program to hard drive back up a faster operation vs the Cloud based to external hard drive? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with Lightroom Classic. It has much more possibilities/features. It also works faster. Backup to external hard drive normally goes quicker but it depends from your USB port and drive. If you still want to work in the cloud from time to time for some reasons, you can make a "collection" and Lightroom Classic will make smart previews from your pictures in the cloud and this way you can edit also via Lightroom mobile. Edits will be synced to your original pictures once you launch Lightroom Classic again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Be aware that Lightroom Classic does not backup the images. It only saves one master copy on the hard drive you choose, so you have to make backups yourself with a backup utility. Obviously, saving images to a local hard drive is much faster than uploading them to the cloud.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines