• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question about smart collections

LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been/am/always will be a very casual user of Lightroom for the cloud. I have in the past shared a number of smart collections from Lightroom Classic as an experiment, and have also added a few images directly to Lightroom. I decided to stop sharing quite a number of smart collections, and on my computer goes smart collections stopped showing in Lightroom for the cloud. However, they still appear on my iPhone. I am an extremely casual iPhone user. I have only used my iPhone to take less than 10 photos, but that will likely change somewhat in the future. But I want to eliminate those smart collections from the phone. What do I have to do to get rid of them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it as simple as going into the Classic preferences and deleting all synchronized data? And will that leave images that were taken using the iPhone on the iPhone? Sorry to ask such fundamental questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, not "smart" collections, just collections, Jim.

Is the Lightroom iPhone signed into the same user account as you are signed into in Lr Classic? My guess is not.

The Delete All Sync Data completely resets everything about your synced photos on Adobe's server and on all computers/devices connected to the account. I wouldn't use it at this point. It's really for when you decide on a complete restart, sometimes in exasperation at something that may have gone wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, my bad, collections. But the iPhone IS signed in with the same Adobe account. The phone has all the images that I originally had on Lightroom, and I decided I wanted to delete a lot of them now that I'm using the iPhone to take a few images. So I got rid of some of my "experimental" collections that I shared from Classic, but they still show on the phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having more than one Adobe account is the most likely explanation, so you can rule out that possibility? Also tap on the little cloud icon in the top right - it will tell you what sync operations are going on.

Might there be an issue with mobile data / wifi? There is an "only sync over wifi" setting and maybe the phone is always connecting to the internet using mobile data, never logging in to wifi. That's a long shot.

If you do simply want a fresh start, then go for that Delete All Synced Data option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems that I was mistaken. When I looked at the iPhone again the collections that I had chosen not to share in Classic were gone. Perhaps it took a while for them to be removed. I apologize for the confusion I have caused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines