• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Questions about storying local copies

Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 questions about storying a copy of all originals in an external hard drive. Anyone can help to answer?

1) While keeping the local copy in an external 1TB hard disk, will LR still use the internal SSD drive as the cache? I would guess that keeping a local copy in a slower storage will not slow down the LR editing/processing speed. Right?

2) Will the the folder and album structure in LR CC the same as the folder and subfolder structure in the local copy.

E.g.  Folder_A contains album_a & album_b in LR cloud. Will the local copy be arranged in such way: Folder_A contains subfolder_a & subfolder_b? Can that be seen in window explorer/finder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

I have tried it out and know the answers.

1) While keeping the local copy in an external 1TB hard disk, will LR still use the internal SSD drive as the cache?    No

I would guess that keeping a local copy in a slower storage will not slow down the LR editing/processing speed. Right?    No, it will slow down LR.

2) Will the the folder and album structure in LR CC the same as the folder and subfolder structure in the local copy. No.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried it out and know the answers.

1) While keeping the local copy in an external 1TB hard disk, will LR still use the internal SSD drive as the cache?    No

I would guess that keeping a local copy in a slower storage will not slow down the LR editing/processing speed. Right?    No, it will slow down LR.

2) Will the the folder and album structure in LR CC the same as the folder and subfolder structure in the local copy. No.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines