Highlighted

"Checking free space on disk" with a brand new MacBook Air and New Lightroom Installation

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom on my brand new MacBook Air with 16GB memory and 500GB storage. When I went to add ONE image, I get the "Checking free space on disk" error. I see a lot of people have same issue, but no solution works for me. Seems like a really odd issue to be so common. Any help?

TOPICS
Import and share, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Checking free space on disk" with a brand new MacBook Air and New Lightroom Installation

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Lightroom on my brand new MacBook Air with 16GB memory and 500GB storage. When I went to add ONE image, I get the "Checking free space on disk" error. I see a lot of people have same issue, but no solution works for me. Seems like a really odd issue to be so common. Any help?

TOPICS
Import and share, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're getting an error message that says "check free disk space" while importing in Lightroom desktop.

Which exact version of Lightroom are you using? Also, what is your operating system?

Would you mind checking out the suggestions offered in this conversation https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/import-stuck-on-checking-free-space-on-disk and let us know if that helps? 

Thanks, 

Akash

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0