Highlighted

"Error in catalog index" when importing photos

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to import photos into Lightroom CC, the import does not succeed and returns the error message "Error in catalog index". The import preview is able to "see" each photo and can open it, so I don't believe the problem is with the files themselves. This result is the same when I try to import the files directly from SD card, when I first copy the files to my local hard drive, and when I copy them to an external drive. I have attached screenshots showing the preview of the import, and the error message that I receive. Looking for suggestions on how to troubleshoot the catalog index issue, or how to escalate this to a proper support request.

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 11.42.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-02 at 11.43.21 AM.png

Message was edited by: Mod (Discussion successfully moved from Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app to Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service) This discussion needs to be in the Cloud Centric Forum. DO NOT MOVE IT BACK TO the Desktop forum.

Topics

Import and share, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Error in catalog index" when importing photos

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to import photos into Lightroom CC, the import does not succeed and returns the error message "Error in catalog index". The import preview is able to "see" each photo and can open it, so I don't believe the problem is with the files themselves. This result is the same when I try to import the files directly from SD card, when I first copy the files to my local hard drive, and when I copy them to an external drive. I have attached screenshots showing the preview of the import, and the error message that I receive. Looking for suggestions on how to troubleshoot the catalog index issue, or how to escalate this to a proper support request.

Screen Shot 2018-09-02 at 11.42.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-02 at 11.43.21 AM.png

Message was edited by: Mod (Discussion successfully moved from Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app to Lightroom CC — The cloud-based photo service) This discussion needs to be in the Cloud Centric Forum. DO NOT MOVE IT BACK TO the Desktop forum.

Topics

Import and share, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no answer but the same is happening to me today.

Please update if you were able to resolve, and I'll do the same.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Oddly enough I just closed Lightroom, restarted my computer and it is now working.

I bet you tried that already but just wanted to share! Problem solved for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same issue when attempting to add photos to Lightroom CC.  The preview window displays the photos, but then importing consistently returns this "Error in catalog index" for all photos.  Restarting did not change anything.

I have previously edited my photos using ACR via Bridge (and I have added ratings in Bridge), so I understand there's a difference in that the photos currently have XMP sidecar files, but I also believe Lightroom has a mechanism for syncing the edits contained therein to the catalog, once files are imported.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.  I have a ton of photos I'd like to sync to the Lightroom environment and seem to be a hitting a complete roadblock.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem. Restarting does not help. waiting for a resolution...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran into this issue tonight. After updating to latest version, it was fixed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines