Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Error While Checking Disk Space"

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System Set Up:

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)

macOS Mojave version 10.14.6
2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

I have plenty of space on hard drive as I use an external drive. But every time I go to import photos I get the "error while checking disk space" message. I tried importing one and still got the same message, I tried importing hundreds...and the same thing. I am at a loss of what to do. Anyone else experience this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening, let's make it right.

What version of Lightroom you're working with?
Where are you importing the images from?
How much space do you have left on the drive?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

i got the same issue since if update to 2.4.1 on my Mac Book Pro. I have 44 GB of free disk space and can't import a single picture. I tryed to go back to version 2.4 but i got the same error. I also tryed to reinstall lightroom but nothing changed. I dosn't make a difference from where i try to import.

Any idea how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same error, rendering LIGHTROOM UNUSABLE

Version 3.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't revive a year old thread (that does not have an answer) by only adding 'me too' without any details. If you want us to take time to try to help you, then start by giving the information we need, like your OS, how much free space there is on your computer, local storage preference settings, and anything else that might help pinpoint the problem.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's embarrassing that adobe where not enable to fix that problems since today. I've talked hours about this problem with the technical support over the telephone. 
And I've given them all the informations they asked for. Now after a year saying that we have not given all informations is a shame. Did Adobe not implement any Analytic Tools in there software to handle bugs??? 

My next raw converter software will definitely not Lightroom. At the time I have to import every image with my iPad. That was the solution that the technical support was giving me. 

4 Year ago i switched from Photoshop and Illustrator to Affinty. Lightroom is the last Adobe Tool is use and it's the Adobe software which has the most issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a user-to-user forum. You are not talking to Adobe staff here, but to users like yourself, who may be willing to try to help you if you let them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines