• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Macintosh HD" is Read Only - MacOS Catalina 10.15

Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue when opening Lightroom CC. I have tried several solutions for over 2 hours and I've had no success.

Problem(s)

The first noticeable problem is on startup, Lightroom tells me that my hard drive is Read-Only and that I need to either change it's permissions or select a new storage location. So the first solution I tried was to select my external hard drive as the new destination to save files. At first I thought that it worked, the error message went away, I tried to import my photos to get to work and when get to the final import page, Lightroom gives me another error telling me 1 of either 2 things: A) The disk needs X amount of more storage to import, please free up space and try again or B) Error occurred when checking disk space.

When it gave me solution A, I did delete space and it gave me the exact same error message afterward. But that error shouldn't be happening either way. I have over 70gb of free space on my internal drive and 2TB on my External.

What I've tried to do

I have googled the cuss out of this issue. I've tried using Adobe's own script for terminal twice with no success. Solutions to Adobe Lightroom Lightroom user permission issues on launch - that didn't work. I thought maybe it could be a problem with my hard drive, so I ran disk utility and found corruption. I repaired my disk in recovery mode and thought everything was fixed. But still the problem kept happening. I found a youtube video Adobe Lightroom Classic User Permissions Issues-Fix-macOS - YouTube - that didn't work.

After that, I figured that it was more than likely a problem that's specific to the beta version of Catalina and that maybe I just needed to change Lightroom's permissions in my system preferences. So I gave Lightroom complete and total access to my files and folders. I thought for sure I had solved the problem and that the error message would go away. But it didn't. It's still here and I still can't edit or even import my photos.

Please help me, there have been a few other things that I've tried as well, like resetting Lightroom's preferences, but that hasn't worked either. If you have any solutions, I'd love to hear them. I think it might come down to me downgrading from Catalina but I'm hoping to avoid that. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

I've been able to bypass this issue by mounting OS volume as writable (which is read-only in Catalina) using "mount -uw /" command in Terminal. Works until restart, after that it will become read-only again and you have to remount it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2019 Nov 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I granted Lightroom Full Disk Access and it didnt work.

Updated to Lightroom V3.0 20191017-0835-b386176 and it worked.

No import error messages now.

(This may be way after the fact, but before updating LR I could not import any photos and had error message on opening.)

Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're a life saver! I can't tell you how many PC terminal commands I was using for the past 12 hours! My hero! Lmao!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines