Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"missing profile" prevents me from doing any edits

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was browsing through old photos in lightroom on my ipad when I noticed that I can't edit some of them despite there being a "continue editing" button.

The error message is:

Missing Profile. The profile "Adobe Standard" that was applied to this photo isn't available on this device and will be changed if you continue editing. To edit the image and keep "Adobe Starndard", please open and edit the photo on the device you originally edited this photo on.

1. How can "adobe standard" be missing from lr? I haven't deleted any profiles.

2. When clicking on "continue editing" nothing happens.

What can I do to edit/save the photo?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please try clicking on "Continue editing" after a force-quit & re-launch of LRm (or maybe first try a device orientation)? Thanks;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jörg, "continue editing" after FC/restarting didn't help but opening the photo first in lightroom on the lightroom.adobe.com let me pick a different profile, and then it also worked on my ipad.

Thanks!

btw, what do you mean with "device orientation"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I meant changing the device orientation, eg. from protrait to landscape.
I am pretty concerned about the fact that tapping onto the "Continue editing" button does not yield the expected result.
Could you please let me know which device you are using or any other relevant info? Thanks;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ah, literally device orientation, my bad, I was probably overthinking it 😄

I already fixed the image with that other workaround but if it happens again I will try that and update the thread, thanks for reaching out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me here, iPad Pro 2018 on iOS 14.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 2021 Ipad Pro 11.  If I click continue editing I have none of the normal adobe profiles to pick from either.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem going on for months.  My Lightroom on IPad Pro 11 (2021) won't let me edit any of my older photos (over two years or so) without this error message.  I've tried deleting app, force closes. Etc, etc, etc.  I can't believe Adobe has this issue still.  Searches show it's been going on for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines