Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Storage" Management - Auto upload from 2 different devices but keep seperate

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies in advance if this has been answered, im very new to CC and i cant seem to find the right words to search on that provide an answer.

I have 2 different devices and 1 CC account if its relevant which is on the 20Gig Photography plan. 

I would like to each device upload to my storage under different folders. For example, a "Camera1" folder for Device 1 and "Camera2" folder for Device 2 as an example.

I have Lightroom installed on one device and auto add is turned on to upload my photos and videos from specific folders, like my camera folder.

Where i am getting confused is that i dont appear to have any control over where these photos are stored on my storage, so it would appear, at least at first glance, that evenrything is just uploaded to "storage" and thats it.

As a result im thinking that if on my second device i download lightroom and set it up the same, that all photos etc would just end up in exactly the same pool as the photos from my first device.

Is that correct? Am i even going about this the correct way as there doesnt seem to be a "cloud" photo manager, nor do they appear under https://assets.adobe.com/files "Your Work".

I guess i was expeciting a folder based file structure, with things like FTP, SFTP, drag and drop etc a bit like Goggle drive etc but i cant seem to be able to work out how to do that.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Answering in reverse:

You can find your photos online by going to https://lightroom.adobe.com and signing in with your Adobe ID. You won't be able to access them from assets.adobe.com as you mentioned.

As for where the photos go, sadly they now just go to the bulk "All Photos" and can be seen as well in the smart album called "Lr Camera Photos." You can manually add them to another album, but there's no longer an automated process for this. You can upvote this feature request here on the Lig

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<moved from cc services>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give a bit more background on what devices you are using and on which version of Lightroom you are sorting the devices on.

If you are Auto adding to an Album in Lightroom Mobile for example then these photo should appear in that Album (but they also appear in All Photos). 

Then these should upload and be stored in the Cloud http://lightroom.adobe.com/ and will sync to all clients (Mobile, Lr Desktop, Apple TV) in the Cloud ecosystem.

If you have sync turned on in Lightroom Classic (the traditional local disc based version) then everything will sync from the Cloud to a folder specified in Classic's preferences, although you will need the space locally for this. You can reorganise in Classic if required.

You can't view Lightroom photos in the assets site, it's a separate storage area but both contribute to the amount of Creative Cloud storage you use.

If 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Answering in reverse:

You can find your photos online by going to https://lightroom.adobe.com and signing in with your Adobe ID. You won't be able to access them from assets.adobe.com as you mentioned.

As for where the photos go, sadly they now just go to the bulk "All Photos" and can be seen as well in the smart album called "Lr Camera Photos." You can manually add them to another album, but there's no longer an automated process for this. You can upvote this feature request here on the Lightroom Mobile feedback site:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-mobile/lightroom-mobile-shoot-directly-to-spe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines