• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"These files could not be imported" with zero explanation

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a little tired of Lightroom not properly checking or requesting permissions to write on a network volume that is perpetually attached to my (macOS) machine. 

Occasionally the volume gets disconnected or disconnects itself. Understandably Lightroom warns that it's no longer accessible and that originals can't be access. I get that.

But when the volume *is* accessible and unlocked, I'm having SD card imports fail presumably because Lightroom can't obtain write permissions for that networked drive. It did in the past, so something clearly went wrong. The permissions to access "Removable Volumes" in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Files and Folders is enabled. There's no other visible request or prompts that occur at the operating system level to regain write access to the drive. And yet time and again SD card imports fail with no context, no cause or context for the error message: "These files could not be imported".

1. Can you please fix these errors to report what the underlying issue is, so that users who aren't savvy to low-level system permissions can understand what's going on when imports fail? 

2. Can you please ensure that disk permissions requests prompts occur. I believe there is a mechanism for macOS to do that.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, this is a user to user forum. We are all just other users like yourself. You have posted your suggestion in the Lightroom forum. Lightroom is the cloud-based version which stores images in the cloud. What exact version of Lightroom are you using on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines