• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"View Folder" or "go to folder" option

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Especially when browsing starred photos, it would be great to have a "go to folder" or "view folder" option.

I find myself looking at my 4* or 5* photos and wonder about the other photos in that folder, there might be other good ones - right now I have to look at the date the photo was taken and hope I named the folder correctly.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you're talking about Lightroom Classic, right-click on an image and select "Go to folder in Library".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the answer! Should have clarified that I'm talking about Lightroon non-classic, the iPad version.

Would be great to have something similar as you described 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're talking about the Lightroom desktop app, I'm a little confused by your use of the term "folders". In Lightroom, folders are simply containers for a group of albums (much like Collections Sets in Classic), and as such do not contain images. So if you really mean that you want a "go to album" option, the best you can do is select one of the filtered images and open the Info tab. At the bottom will be a list of all/any albums that the selected image is in, then clicking on one of those albums will open that specific album. It's not really the same as the "go to folder" option in Classic, as in Classic an image can only be in one folder whereas an image can be in many (or none) albums in Lightroom.

An alternative approach would be to use dates, i.e. select one of the starred images then in the same Info tab look at the capture date. Then use the By Date list in the left-hand panel to select that capture date, which will then show all the images taken on that same date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines