• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radial tool for rectanglular objects

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I photograph architectural interiors and the radial tool is my go-to for managing bright windows.  I would love for this tool to be rectangular so I can stop using a round peg in a square hole.  Any insight about this tool evolving to include this functionality? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Lr-CLASSIC users?

Add your request to a forum thread where Adobe might see it-

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-filter-shapes

In the meantime we can only hope for a future development. Something like a polygonal lasso tool (as in Ps) would be a big help.

My work-arounds can be- (which you probably already know!)

Extremely large brush with Auto-Mask 'on'. (hold [Alt] for the 'Erase' brush when it overfills).

Small Brush and hold [Shift] to draw straight lines within all window boundaries then brush centre areas.

And make use of 'Range Mask' for Luminance range restriction to a Brush or Gradient.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent suggestion!  I've used the brush tool in a separate, but similar way.  The addition of the Shift key was the missing link.  Thank you!

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user-to-user forum. For feature requests, go to https://feedback.photoshop.com. Search for your feature request first. If it is already requested by someone else, then don't create a new thread but add your vote to the existing request.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great idea. Meanwhile, have you tried turning on the Auto Mask while using the Adjustment Brush? I have found that it does a good job staying within window frames as long as there is sufficient contrast.

Warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines