• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ran out of disc space, unable to access Lightroom photos

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working on a large file project, I ran out of disc space and was quickly unable to do really anything on my laptop. Upong returning to Lightroom after troubleshooting and taking care of the space issue, I realized that I am unable to access or add new files.

The "My Photos" menu is showing the number of photos I have in Lightroom, but will not physically show me or let me access the photos. I am able to use all other editing softwares normally so I know that I have enough space to run the application.

Any guidance or tips? Is there a way that I can access the original files stored in lightroom elsewhere so that I can continue the editing process on PS in the meantime? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can access everything in Lightroom on the web at Lightroom.adobe.com. That is a short term solution but doesn't solve the problem with the Lightroom app. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling it to see if that fixes the app problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Do you think my photos will be lost if I uninstall and reinstall?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your photos are not stored in the application. With Lightroom they are stored in the cloud. That's why you can find them online at Lightroom.adobe.com. You will not lose your photos if you uninstal the application. Check the web first to make sure everything synced to the cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I just checked and unfortunately, only 1/4 of my photos are synced. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines