Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random Lightroom CC folder

Explorer ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I've been using Photoshop Lightroom (not classic) for a bit now. I recently started seeing a folder called "Lightroom CC" and inside of that was a folder called "65ebffebf7444900a1e91165203b9f15" with random saved photos (originals). I dont know where or why this is here. It updates itself somehow. I have never chosen the function to store photos locally. 

I did make the mistake of installing Lightroom classic a few weeks ago because I wanted the calibration feature. I synced all my photos to both before seeing the comment by Adobe that it is not a good idea to run both classic and cc at the same time. I uninstalled lightroom classic. 

since there sometimes by Lightroom cuts connection with the cloud if left unused. It's also always syncing a ghost photo (I dont see it when clicking on it)

maybe these issues are related?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can safely run Adobe Lightroom (web-based) and Adobe Lightroom Classic (desktop-based) successfully. The CC would be an older version, which is probably causing the issue.

I'd make sure that your applications are up-to-date and simply keep the ones that you wish to use.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should stop calling it CC

I am running the latest version of lightroom desktop (3.3)

but it creates that random folder 

I installed lightroom classic(latest version) a month ago and had it running along side lightroom desktop (3.3)

but then I deleted lightroom classic 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is nothing to worry about. Lightroom creates and maintains a local catalog, subservient to the master catalog that is held in the cloud, and on Windows it was created automatically on the system drive (in the AppData>Local>Adobe folder) and was called Lightroom CC (as that was the initial name of the application) and obviously that name wasn't changed when the "CC" was dropped from the Adobe suite of applications, so that name still persists today.

In terms of the original files that you see there, you may not be aware that when you edit images in the Lightroom desktop app a copy of the original file that's in the cloud is downloaded and stored temporarily in the designated location (which is inside the Lightroom CC folder if you haven't specified a different location for local copies of originals). The intention is that those local copies will be deleted eventually, but there are some complex rules which determine when that would be. If you are concerned about the amount of disk space being used, either set the location for originals to a different drive (if you have one) or lower the the allowable size of the photo cache (Preferences>Local Storage tab).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines