Highlighted

Randomly deleted photos

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night, I opened LR and as soon as the app opened and the blue ring said "downloading" I watched as my overall photo count plummeted. There was nothing I could do.  As soon as I clicked on an album or anything, it just deleted things faster and started deleting that album. I lost over 1000 pictures and just force quit the app. I have reopened it and I can't seem to find a way to salvage them. I am extremely disappointed and flabbergasted. Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Randomly deleted photos

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night, I opened LR and as soon as the app opened and the blue ring said "downloading" I watched as my overall photo count plummeted. There was nothing I could do.  As soon as I clicked on an album or anything, it just deleted things faster and started deleting that album. I lost over 1000 pictures and just force quit the app. I have reopened it and I can't seem to find a way to salvage them. I am extremely disappointed and flabbergasted. Please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m assuming that you are talking about the Lr CC app on your computer. Lr CC puts all of your photos in the cloud, so they are probably still there. The only way you would lose them is if you purposefully deleted them. For example, if you use Lr on your phone you could delete a photo there, and it would be deleted from Lr CC on your computer as well. Most likely the photos disappeared because you weren’t logged into your Creative Cloud account, or maybe you logged into a different account.

What do you see when you go to lightroom.adobe.com with a browse? Log into your Creative Cloud account there, and you should see all of your photos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that's the frustrating part. Although my cloud storage is still showing the same level, they are not showing up in the cloud either. Any other ideas? Is there anyway that Adobe can access my account from the back end since it's not showing up for me?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean that your cloud storage is showing the same level? Are you certain that you are logging in with the same credentials as you used when all the photos were there? Is your subscription current and paid up?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I mean is that the amount storage that 1800 pictures required remains the same even though 1000 pictures were deleted. And yes, I am logged in with the same credentials and it is current. I just tried upgrading my storage to see if that would help and it didn't. So I'm at a loss I suppose

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What type of subscription plan do you have? Where did you purchase it? Did you ever receive a message saying you were running out of cloud storage?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using the photography plan with 20 gigs. I purchased it on Adobe's website. I did receive that message but there was no indication that it was so urgent I upgrade or else I lose 1000 photos.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that doesn’t sound right at all. I’m sorry that happened, and I am sorry that I can’t help you. I recommend contacting adobe support. Maybe you can get on a chat with someone who can help. Let us know what you find out. Contact Customer Care

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already tried that and they were completely unhelpful. Even after I upgraded from the 20 gig to 1 tb plan, all of that storage from the full 1800), not the current 800) is still being occupied. There is no way for Adobe to access my account/cloud and see if the photos were somehow corrupted or disconnected from account?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try again. Maybe this time you will get someone helpful. I don’t work for Adobe so I can’t answer for sure what access they have.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ezrab65346083​,

Have you been able to resolve the issue?

Best,

Carissa

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 18, 2019 0
Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also use Lightroom Classic?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 30, 2019 0