• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Range Masks not available in Lightroom 6?

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys, I have lighroom 6 and it seems like the new Range Masks is not available in that release? I have seen many youtube videos that rave about that feature but I don't see it when I select the radial or local adjustment brushes. It seems it should appear at the bottom of the panel when brushes are selected.

Lightroom version: 6.14 [ 1149743 ]
License: Perpetual
Language setting: en
Operating system: Mac OS 10

Thoughts?

Regards,

Yogi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Range mask is not available in Lightroom 6 and never will be because Lightroom 6 is no longer supported.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Range masking was first introduced with Lightroom Classic. So it’s only available with a subscription to a photography plan which also includes Photoshop.

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are a number of new features that have been added to Lightroom Classic that will never be in Lightroom 6. As has been stated, Lightroom 6 is no longer supported by Adobe, it is out of production, not being updated, no fixes, nothing. There is no support for new camera models. The further things progress, the more likely it is that Lightroom 6 will cease to function. A word of caution to those using Lightroom 6 on the Catalina operating system: do not uninstall it expecting to reinstall it. Although Lightroom 6 is a 64-bit program, the installer is 32 bit and Catalina will not run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines