• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw files can't be imported

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it's in regards to the RAW files that do not open on LR.

I have the latest LR updates installed on my LR. And after installation my old work (galleries with all the photos has gone from the view panel).

If I want to open any RAW photos from the photo session and re-edit again, such like I did edit in 2017... Actually, with this newest update, the new RAW files import is not allowed.

All images were photographed with a Canon 5D III camera.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Joana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you are trying to do and what does (not) happen? Include the version of Lightroom and the version of your OS. And perhaps include a screenshot? Don't attach it, embed it, by using this button:

Embed screenshot.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Johan,

thank you so much for your help and support!

My macOS Catalina is a version - 10.15.6

And my LR aid currently on LR Classic v 10.1

Problem has started since I upgraded to the newest LR version and lost all of my previous work that was kept in the Collections section.

I started from zero images on the newest update and couldn't figure out how to get all date back. I tried to load through the backup folder but didn't worked.

Now I wanted to go back just to a few images that I shoot in many years ago, like 2017 (don't know what version of LR was used)...

I wanted to import the new RAW images to edit again and during the upload it popped out as "could not copy a file to the destination folder because it is not writable or there is not enough free space".

167FD5D1-7492-4E9C-80F2-32C741364A65.jpeg

If I upload new RAW (never edited images), - there is no problem and it shouldn't be space issue here.

Very much appreciated!

Look forward,

Joana 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you lost previous work, then you should solve that problem, not create a new catalog. Losing work normally just means that Lightroom lost the connection to its catalog, and created a brand new one. Search your Pictures folder for the old catalog, and when you found it, double click that catalog file to launch Lightroom with it.

Your second problem is probably unrelated. As the error dialog says, you instructed Lightroom to copy the imported images to a place that was either out of free space, or Lightroom has no permissions to write to it. Most likely the latter. So check what you selected as destination.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines