• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW FILES

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded lightroom and i cant upload my raw files. Is there any update to install that may fix my problem? 

Thankyou.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What camera do you have? Is it a new model? See this table:

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using the Nikkon D3400, it says that its suported. What i should do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to add the raw files? Are there any error messages? If so, what is the exact error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i add the Raw files ( NEF on nikkon), it shows a mesage that says that my files migth be damaged or not compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you used Nikon software to download the images from your camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, i usually use the nikkon transfer to download my images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nikon Transfer has been notorious for doing something to NEF files that make them not readable by Lightroom. There is nothing "magical" about that software that necessitates using it. My suggestion would be for you to simply use the import utility that is part of Lightroom in the future. It works very well for me. However, to solve your problem, there is a utility you can run that will repair your NEF files so that they can be read by Lightroom. Here is the link to where it can be downloaded:

https://exiftool.org/fix_corrupted_nef.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to solve my problem using the tool u just provided me, and there is another problem, my camera model isnt one of the cameras that this program can fix. is there any other way to do it?? or any other verion of this program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not aware of another version of that program. I hadn't looked at the models that it supported. Sorry. I guess your best choice will be to do your raw editing with ViewNX, and then save tiff files that you can then import into Lightroom. Then, from this point forward, just use the import feature in Lightroom to download the images from your camera card. Do you need a reference tutorial to help you understand how to import using Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll apreciate if u can do so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an old tutorial from Lightroom 5. But the import process is the same, and I like this person's teaching style. Personally, I think she is very thorough and precise. So take a look and see what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=867ysQfh4sU&t=236s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines