• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW images from Sony A7IIIR are showing up with horizontal lines in Lightroom or Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to edit my photos in Lightroom and Photoshop.

I work with RAW files (.ARW formatum I use Sony Alpha 7 III camera) when I open the file and try to edit the main things, the programmes open me the photo like horizontal stripes. Not with in the photo or on the photo, the photo becames stripes. I can see nothing, so I can't work propperly. What can I do with this?  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

It’s possibly a GPU problem.

Do you have a graphics card such as Nvidia or AMD? Or are you using a built in GPU?

You could try disabling GPU

Go to Edit >> Preferences >> Performance

Set “Use Graphics Processor” to off

If that makes no difference check that your video drivers are up to date from the manufacturer’s site. Or consider downgrading to an earlier driver if necessary.

See this link which is for Premiere Pro but which could also apply to Lightroom.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/green-lines-preview-a-bug/td-p/11189211

Votes

Translate

Translate
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that your images from Sony A7IIIR are showing up with some weird horizontal lines when opened in Lightroom and Photoshop.

The symptoms you are describing are almost always indicative of a hardware problem. But that's as far as I can go in diagnosing where that problem might be. The reason the problem shows up in Lightroom is because Lightroom is the only program that is showing the raw image data. Other programs you are using are most likely only showing the JPEG preview which is part of every raw image. So the problem could be with the card you are using, the cable you are using to transfer the images, the hard drive that is the destination, the computer memory itself, the graphics card, etc.

What is the version of both Photoshop and Lightroom you're working with?

Your challenge is to isolate where that problem is. Lightroom does not change or modify images at all. All adjustments are stored in the catalog. Your master images are always left in their pristine condition as they were downloaded from the camera. So you must isolate where the hardware problem is and get it corrected.

One way is to check the image in other apps or copy the images directly to your computer first and then open them in Lightroom or Photoshop.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s possibly a GPU problem.

Do you have a graphics card such as Nvidia or AMD? Or are you using a built in GPU?

You could try disabling GPU

Go to Edit >> Preferences >> Performance

Set “Use Graphics Processor” to off

If that makes no difference check that your video drivers are up to date from the manufacturer’s site. Or consider downgrading to an earlier driver if necessary.

See this link which is for Premiere Pro but which could also apply to Lightroom.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/green-lines-preview-a-bug/td-p/11189211

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear 99jon,
Thank you so much! I did what you offer me, and it works. Thank you!
Best Regards,
Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@99jon 

Thank you so much for your help! it helped me fix the problem

Laisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines