Highlighted

raw photos are being imported as jpg

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just started us cc. I tried a few photos shot only in raw and on Apple Photo they are identified as raw. When I add them to LRCC they have become jpg???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

raw photos are being imported as jpg

Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just started us cc. I tried a few photos shot only in raw and on Apple Photo they are identified as raw. When I add them to LRCC they have become jpg???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file type? Are you exporting copies from the Apple Photos app?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Thanks 99jon, yes, I am exporting from the Photos desktop app and they are neff files

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK it’s generally not a good idea to reference the same raw files in both Photos and the LRCC apps as this could cause file corruption. Use one app or the other. Or going forward import from the camera card directly into LRCC. You could create copy NEFs in a new folder on your computer without adding them to Photos and then add the duplicates to LRCC from the new folder.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again, I'll try that too.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The LR camera app can capture raw photos (DNG) which get added to LRCC automatically but I’m guessing you prefer to shoot with your Nikon rather than a phone.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I solved the issue. I found a person with a similar problem on the Apple forum.

I set up a new folder on my desktop, then from Apple Photos I selected the pictures I wanted.

Next, I file/exported the pictures in "Original" format.to the new folder.

It was easy then to import/add the photos to LRCC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines