• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Lightroom Library.lrlibrary and Mobile Downloads.lrdata File sizes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the problem with a growing .lrlibrary file. I opened the package and the originals sub folder was empty but the temporaryedits folder contained about 43G of files. It's often safe to delete "temporary" files, but before I do, anyone know why they are there and what, if any, impact it would have?  thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this same question. Also, I am quite confused on which files--catalog, originals, previews etc. I can move onto a external hard drive. I'm not super familiar with how it all works, but lightroom is taking way too much space on my hard drive right now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originals relate to new photos added to Lightroom. I'm not sure what the temp files are unless it was space required when migrating from another application such as Aperture or Lightroom Classic. 

Are you using the default cache or have you set preferences to store copies on a local or external hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - so I went into the file Lightroom Library.lrlibrary, unpacked it and deleted everything in the Originals folder (once I was fully synced and backed up to the cloud).
This freed up approximately 40GB of data. I'm not sure why it stored pics in the Originals folder on my local HDD, considering I have turned off local storage of originals from within Lightroom CC, opting for cloud only storage. But this should not be happening, especially if you choose a small local cache size (one would assume).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Originals should drop out automatically although it does take time. As you say it is safe to delete  everything in the originals folder once it is confirmed all files are sync’d & backed up. It is possible to control the size of the cache in preferences. The default is 25% but you can make it lower and even set it to zero.

CacheZeroPercent.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines