• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

receiving error "Not backed up, Corrupt original"

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is somewhat distressing. I have migrated my library from Lightroom Classic to CC, and as the originals are beginning to sync, in Grid view, I've noticed that several images are marked with a red exclamation mark, indicating the error: "Not backed up, Corrupt original"

Screenshot 2017-10-25 11.02.21.png

I don't see a straightforward way of rectifying this error. For example, can I show all of these corrupt images in Grid view? Once shown, can I re-import them in a straightforward manner? Since these images are now in CC, there is no option for "Show in Finder" as there was in Classic, so locating the originals is both challenging and time consuming.

Lastly, the images seem to be fine in Lightroom Classic, so I assume that the migration process to Lightroom CC corrupted them - unfortunately.

Any advice, tips, or updates to Lightroom CC are welcomed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any advice from Adobe Staff is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? I'm moving 1400 photos and I see the error coming. What's funny, I won't be able to import same lr collection again (for no obvious reason). WTH...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue, would be good to have a resolution. I have multiple backups of the originals but will still be good to know how to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many images, out of how many images, are you talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Around 3000 out of 10500.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2018 Jan 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also urgently hoping for a resolution of this issue! I migrated a catalog of around 44,200 images from LR Classic to LR CC and synced to the cloud. Having said that, there are more than 8000 images with a red exclamation mark stating "Not backed up, corrupt original". Sync status says: "Some photos invalid".

Investigating these images, I can access the original file, I can go into the details and refine my (existing) image edits, and I am able to export those files too, so my assumption is these images are not corrupt - but something went wrong with the sync.

I found the related thread: "Some photos invalid" error message in sync dialog

and also followed the "Known issues and workaround": Syncing Lightroom photos

Marking an problematic image and changing star rating or flag status triggers a metadata change and it appears the Adobe Cloud attempts a new sync, but shortly after comes back with the same issue as before: image states "Not backed up, corrupt original". There is no way I can simply delete 8000 images and add again to hundreds of albums, so is there any other resolution of this known issue?

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Best,

Markus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It would be great to get some feedback from Adobe. At least to just know that they are aware of it and investigating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2018 Mar 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

According to Not Backed Up, Corrupt original Adobe is investigating this issue. At last

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines