• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recently switched from Mac to PC and I am having trouble switching catalog

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently switched from Mac to PC and was using an external HDD to host my lightroom catalog and raw images. Instead of buying a new hardrive I opted to download Paragons HFS+ to access the MAC configured HDD. That worked no problem, my issues is connecting the catalog and raw files. I can add the catalog no problem but the images cant be found by lightroom. Without having to comb through thousands of images and manually finding them. I was wondering if you had any workaround or if anyone else has run into a similar issue.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that drive have a letter designation on your new computer? Does Lightroom open on the new computer, and does Lightroom indicate that the images are missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I'm using the E drive, I didn't think of checking the letter on the mac. Also yes lightroom does open and indicate the images are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the library module, go to the topmost folder that you can find in the left-hand column and right click on that topmost folder and choose the option to update the folder location. Browse and point Lightroom to that folder on the E drive. If all of your images are not under that topmost folder then you will have to repeat that process for other folders. But all you need to do is show Lightroom when the images are, and I think you will be back in business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines