• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add red eye removal

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised there is no red eye removal (that I can find) in the new Lightroom CC. Am I just missing something?

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented for the Lightroom Ecosystem Desktop Application (Mac and Windows). We will leave this thread active for those using the Mobile and Web versions of the product. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback.  We do intend to implement a red-eye removal feature in Lightroom at some point in the future.  We do not yet have a specific release date planned.

Thanks,
Ben

11/11/2020
Ben has added additional comments in this post below: 
Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
195 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am dismayed that you had red eye removal in Classic, but not in your newest, bestest, (and only one available now) LR.  Please add this function.  All my other editing programs had it!!  This really is ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note that Lightroom Classic is being actively developed, with new releases all the time, and is still very much available: https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic.html

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@benjaminwarde Lightroom Classic is not available with the Lightroom (1 TB) plan. You either have to switch to the Photography (20 GB) plan and lose most of your your Cloud Storage or pay $10 more per month for the Photography (1 TB) plan. I don’t see any reason why Red Eye removal should be a “premium” feature excluded from Lightroom CC. After all, we gave up our Photoshop license to get the greater cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clinton, 1) it is a pity that Adobe does not make clear how to best use LR Classic together with LR CC cloud. A typical Classic user is storing all the pictures locally and if using the Cloud all synced pictures are there as smart previews without any storage limit. The 20 GB limit is only for Originals. Both versions, Classic and Cloud are not designed to work together when you store the pictures in the cloud. 2) I hope that Adobe will implement a much better red eye removal method than used in PS Elements 2020, because replacing red with black results often in more ugly pictures. 
I personally do not need this red eyes removal tool, because I am not using Flash directly on my camera and have switched it of on my smartphone. Let us wait and see what Adobe is doing and hope the best.
🙂
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PeterObermeier I don't used Red Eye Removal very often, but it's a feature that is in Lightroom Classic, thus I feel it should be in Lightroom CC.  I completely agree, Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC do not pair well together.  Lightroom CC's strength lies in its ability to push and pull original RAW files to/from the cloud with ease.  It's a great tool for those of use that edit on both tablets and desktops without the need to large internal or external drives.  Lightroom Classic only pushes Smart Previews to the cloud, but allows for total file management control on your desktop.  Tablet editors like me will appreciate Lightroom CC while Desktop/Laptop editors will likely favor Lightroom Classic.  That's fine if Adobe wants to offer two flavors, but Lightroom CC should be as feature rich and capable as Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> That's fine if Adobe wants to offer two flavors, but Lightroom CC should be as feature rich and capable as Lightroom Classic.

And it will be someday, but it's much earlier in its development. This is certainly a very good feature request, it just hasn't made it to the top of the priority list yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a patronising smug comment. When we all bought CC much was made of the editing suite and comparable functionality to the original product. This was a lie. We pay for an incomplete inadequate product that is supposed to work well in a mobile first environment and yet does not have THE MOST BASIC EDITING TOOL THAT MOST CUSTOMERS WOULD USE ON THEIR IPHONE!!
yet everyone else’s service has red eye built in. What is more of a priority?! 2 years of bullshit. If this isn’t a priority someone needs to get their head out of their arse and listen to their customers!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Martyn, you misunderstand LR CC. It is a PRO Tool and only amateurs take pictures with red eyes.
What do you think? ( I expect capital letters)
😉
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if you felt that was patronizing Martyn, it was not meant in that way. It's purely a fact, the cloud-based version was only released on the desktop 2 years ago, whereas Lightroom Classic was released 13 years ago. As a result, there will naturally be a vast difference in the number of features available. 

As far as editing features goes, the young Cloudy version has caught up quickly. It has almost all of the editing features, but it is still missing a few, including red eye removal. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2020 and even that software has it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly can't believe this isn't a feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ben
This is crazy long time for a common used feature, I hate having to swap between software to do red eye. I just renewed my subscription, we will have to start voting with our wallets if this goes on much longer.... can this be escalated up the chain to get some action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People need to know, that something as basic as red eye removal really doesn’t exist in Lightroom CC. I was researching a good option for photo organizing and editing. I really could not imagine that this really wasn’t included in a subscription service. Most free services offer this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully agree with the posts in this thread... I am also a new convert to Adobe Lightroom from Mac Photos.. and decided to go for Lightroom's Cloud version. I am rather puzzled as to why it doesnt support red eye reduction - which is as mentioned here part of so many free and more simple photo apps out there..  Please make this a priority as it is one of the most common edits we make..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just bought my daughter a year's subscription to Lightroom, and she came to me asking how to remove red eye from some of her photos.  I was appalled and embarrassed after researching on the web to have to tell her it's not available in the non-Classic version (I'm a Classic user).  I think I'm going to lose her to iPhoto or some other app that provides this basic functionality, and my $100 gift will have gone to waste.  Pretty disappointed in Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently, the "massive spring update" that Adobe just pushed out with major updates to a lot of the CC applications didn't bother to fix this.
After Adobe reps here have said they are "working on it" for a future update.  That was, how many years ago?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a loss, another upgrade, still no red-eye. Despite hints that it was being considered last year. Or was it the year before? I can't remember. HONESTLY. are you ever going to offer this? your marketing was utterly misleading saying that Lightroom was a "full suite" of products. Please respond, honestly.  I will write to the CEO about your lack of customer respect within 7 days. Anyone want to add their name to my letter? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user forum, monitored and responded to by other users like yourself. We have no connection to Adobe, other than the fact that we use their products like you do. If you want to voice your opinion on a forum where the developers monitor more closely, here is the link:

Lightroom Desktop (cloud-based) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a loss, another upgrade, still no red-eye. Despite hints that it was being considered last year. Or was it the year before? I can't remember. HONESTLY. are you ever going to offer this? your marketing was utterly misleading saying that Lightroom was a "full suite" of products. Please respond, honestly.  I will write to the CEO about your lack of customer respect within 7 days. Anyone want to add their name to my letter? 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am at a loss.....
I think so if I'm understanding what you're asking for:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-remove-red-eye.html

Anyone want to add their name to my letter? 
Seriously? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I don't see the point. The photography subscription includes Photoshop and there is a red-eye removal tool there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a simple feature, why is it so hard for them to add?  They have acknowledged it will be added "in the future", but no timeline.

Also, as an aside, may I politely point out your logic is flawed?  By your logic, there should be no common features between any Adobe app.
White balance, hue and color changes, cropping, why do they exist in Lightroom if Photoshop already has them or vice-versa?
etc. etc. etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a red eye removal tool in Photoshop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Martyn Williams: Learn how to use Photoshop. Consider taking an anger management counseling session. Threats are a stupid way to communicate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, it depends on the Photography subscription plan you have.  I chose the Photography plan with 1TB of cloud storage over getting Photoshop.  In addition, sending an image to Photoshop creates needlessly large image files and wastes disk space.  Fortunately, one can just create a local adjustment on the eye and reduce exposure and saturation, but a simple click of the mouse certainly would have been easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate