• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add red eye removal

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised there is no red eye removal (that I can find) in the new Lightroom CC. Am I just missing something?

Idea Released
TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS , macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented for the Lightroom Ecosystem Desktop Application (Mac and Windows). We will leave this thread active for those using the Mobile and Web versions of the product. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback.  We do intend to implement a red-eye removal feature in Lightroom at some point in the future.  We do not yet have a specific release date planned.

Thanks,
Ben

11/11/2020
Ben has added additional comments in this post below: 
Rikk

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
195 Comments
LEGEND ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is from ONE YEAR AGO - and the Red Eye Removal Tool hasn't been added back!  What is the roadmap for features to be re-added to acheive parity with Lightroom 6.0?   Especially Red Eye Removal and HDR processing?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The radial gradient work around worked. Set the exposure to 0. No more red eye. Not as good as a the red eye tool. But it works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just signed up for LR CC, only to discover that Red Eye removal functionality is non-existent. Please Adobe add it .. it is essential (to me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, we need the red eye correction tool!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree, why such a simple function dropped from Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2019 Jan 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe?? Do you see all these people are in need for a simple red-eye tool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed! Red eye's been around for awhile now and is probably one of the most common edits. Just don't see any reason to not have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right that they didn't drop anything from the new cloud based version of Lightroom but no red eye removal is a basic function of most free photo editor apps and a massive oversight for an app like Lightroom. Clearly the push for cloud based services is into the mobile marketplace and a larger (amateur and casual photographer) market so missing red eye is baffling at best. Especially since it has been over a year and several updates since this and posts similar to it have appeared on these forums. Wake up Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entièrement d'accord!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another vote for a red eye removal tool.   I can't believe that I either have to pay an extra $10 per month or dump the cloud based service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone out there know how to address red eye reduction in Lightroom CC?

[moved to the Lightroom CC forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've asked about Lightroom CC but posted in the Lightroom Classic CC forum. Two totally different software apps.

I assume you're using Classic CC.

There's a Red Eye Correction Tool in the Classic CC Develop module.

Remove red eye in Lightroom Classic CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom Classic CC you use a Red-Eye Tool in Develop Module 

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no red eye reduction available in Lightroom CC. As already said, in Classic you can do it (albeit very poorly), but not in Lightroom CC. If you need it, go to Lightroom CC: Please add red eye removal | Photoshop Family Customer Community  and add your vote/comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should imagine this is something Adobe will add to LRCC in a future update. Artificial intelligence based upon millions of machine learning data sets could possibly fix red eye automatically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed. It knows already how to find faces (although it has to do this in the cloud) and should be able to automatically detect the eyes and place a red eye target on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, wo kann ich mit LR CC 2.2 die "Rote Augen" Bearbeitung finden? Auf meiner alten Version auf Mac kein Problem..
Michi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 19, 2019 May 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two years and counting - still no red eye removal in Lightroom CC cloud?
Yet, we just got an esoteric texture smoothing feature in the latest May 2019 update?

Very disappointed that Adobe does not have an ongoing "slog through until you do it" plan to rapidly get Lightroom CC cloud feature parity with existing Lightroom Classic and Lightroom CC.

I understand re-writing a product from scratch doesn't always get feature parity on first release, but two-years on and straightforward, but extremely useful feature like red eye removal is still missing?

Probably falling on deaf ears, but Adobe should be working hard and fast to reward those of us willing to commit to a cloud-first/cloud-only subscription model for Adobe professional tools.

Sure, there are folks that will gripe forever about the subscription versus one-time licensing, or desktop versus cloud, but how about at least removing the technical excuses that are easy for users throw up as rationale to cling to the old way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a new convert to Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC, having used Imac Photos editing up till now, I am bemused at the lack of red-eye removal tool. It may be the case that the majority of photographers who use this software are so competent that they never have an issue with red-eye. I am not in this category sadly and need red-eye removal support. If it is included in the free Photos Mac app, then why is it not included in the monthly subscription LightroomCC? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a long time Lightroom user since Lightroom Classic version 3.  I am also a senior software engineer.  I understand the technical challenges associated with adding red eye removal to the CC product.  You obviously already have the algorithm, because that worked beautifully in LR Classic.  I have to believe that the issue is deciding how you are going to design the User Interface for that given you have to support it on the desktop, tablets, phones, etc.  The desktop workflow for red eye removal could be similar for CC desktop as it is for LR Classic, but that clearly will not work for mobile devices since you have to rely on "touch" as opposed to "mouse click" to perform the needed steps to complete the task.

My statement and request here is why not just give us the feature on desktop and just not provide it on mobile?  At least we can edit our photos with this essential feature somewhere. Right now, I find myself having to first open the photo in a non-Adobe application and fix the red eye and then bring the photo into Lightroom and continue my editing.  This is a terrible workflow.  

Again, please just give us the red eye removal on the desktop flavor of CC and we can await a time where your UI/UX people can figure out how to accomplish this task on mobile!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is pretty ridiculous.  Adobe should have warned users that LR CC is a piece of junk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je pense qu'il est inutile de réclamer la correction des yeux roues. Adobe est sourd. Désinstallons et c'est tout !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mobile UI should be a slam dunk.  there are many other mobile apps that have a simple UI for red eye removal.
That is simply not even a palatable excuse, but I'll agree at least give us red eye removal in the desktop CC app.
I too have a very awkward workflow of using an external app which makes me curse every time I have to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate