• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing file size in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2019 Apr 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LR CC for a while and for some reason, now, the file size is too large to use on my website.  I don't know what changed in my settings.  I need them to be 25MB each, but they are in the KB.

Any suggestions?

{Thread renamed by Moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marlab,

As you want the files to be lower in size, could you please let us know the exact version of Lightroom you're working on?
Also, what operating system are you using?

Are you working with jpeg or raw format?

As you need the files to be 25 MB and right now the file is in KB format, could you please let us know the value that you're seeing? MB is larger than KB however, the numbers is KB are more. For eg; 25000 KB makes 25 MB.

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am importing directly from my camera card (sony A6000).

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC V 2.2.1

Mac Mojave 10.14.3

How can I tell if the file is raw or jpg in LR?

Typically, I export using the Share option and save them to my hard drive then upload them.  The limit is 25 MB. 

I have not had issues doing this until now.

thank you all for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>How can I tell if the file is raw or jpg in LR?

In lightroom click on the little icon in the bottom right corner. It should show a little info screen where you can see a badge for the file format and info on the camera settings. However, the type of original really doesn't matter here at all.

>Typically, I export using the Share option and save them to my hard drive then upload them.  The limit is 25 MB.

You mean the little share button (square with arrow out of it) in the top right and then you select save to? What settings are you using upon save to? Lightroom CC can only do Small, full size or custom size and you cannot set a quality. If you want more settings or be able to control the quality, you need Lightroom Classic. If using Lightroom CC you probably want Full Size there. Since you are exporting to jpeg, the file size has very little relation to the image quality. If your image is one solid color you'll get a tiny file. If it is a very noisy jumble with lots of tiny detail, you'll get a large file.

>The limit is 25 MB.

What do you mean? Upper or lower limit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the share icon.  I have tried all settings.  the upper limit from my website is 25MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you are having problems getting it below 25MB? And you are using the jpeg option? What settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps are you taking to get the photos from Lightroom to your website?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines