• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing the cluttered Lightroom Library and removing duplicates

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LR for several years and have managed to make a mess of images and dupes scattered all over LR.  How can I get them all in one place to eliminate the dupes and reduce all the clutter?  Is there any app on the market to save disorganized people like me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

It's a problem most advanced Lightroom users face after a long term use of the application. The library can get cluttered without management and optimization. 

Which version of Lightroom are you using? 

If using Lightroom Classic, I would personally suggest that you checkout this article that I've found helpful while dealing with duplication and managing Lightroom library: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/clean-duplicate-photos/

Note: I am in no way promoting any application or referring you to buy it. I found it helpful for understanding how to manage the library.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't look too far.  I  made several attempts to re-organize things with LR3,4,5 but was not too successful.  Too many photos to deal with. I have just migrated to Lighroom CC and I think you have more tools to re-organize with CC.   When you upload your photos, Lighroom CC does away with your previous folder arrangements.  I was scared about this at first.  But what you get is a clean setup withyour photos displayed by the year the photos were taken with all the duplicates removed. You also can view the photos by people.  A bit of work is required to use these two tools to create new albums and folders. Just a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines