Highlighted

Regarding the photo export speed in LR

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop with i7-10th Gen processor, 16GB RAM, and Nvidia GeForce Mx250 2GB Graphics card. I am aware that this graphics card is an entry-level one. However, I was told that for photo editing this card was enough.  Therefore, I was expecting a better performance when compared to my prev laptop which had only i5-6th Gen processor,  8GB RAM, and Intel integrated graphics card.

In this laptop, what I noticed is that when I export photos in LR after editing, the difference in the speed of exporting is not that great.  It is better when compared to the previous laptop, but I am not sure if that is it? I expected that exporting would be way faster. Can someone tell me if this is normal despite having a dedicated 2GB RAM graphics card, latest i7 processor, and 16GB RAM or if this graphics card is not good enough? 

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Regarding the photo export speed in LR

New Here ,
Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last week I bought a Dell Inspiron laptop with i7-10th Gen processor, 16GB RAM, and Nvidia GeForce Mx250 2GB Graphics card. I am aware that this graphics card is an entry-level one. However, I was told that for photo editing this card was enough.  Therefore, I was expecting a better performance when compared to my prev laptop which had only i5-6th Gen processor,  8GB RAM, and Intel integrated graphics card.

In this laptop, what I noticed is that when I export photos in LR after editing, the difference in the speed of exporting is not that great.  It is better when compared to the previous laptop, but I am not sure if that is it? I expected that exporting would be way faster. Can someone tell me if this is normal despite having a dedicated 2GB RAM graphics card, latest i7 processor, and 16GB RAM or if this graphics card is not good enough? 

TOPICS
Performance, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 13, 2020 0

Have something to add?