• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing just one locally stored original

Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m working on my iPad with LR CC, and I’ve selected one image and chosen “Get this original.”

FACC4CBC-1853-4B8E-8428-71D949E6625A.jpeg

So now the DNG has been downloaded from the Cloud, and is synced to my local iPad storage:

75D48A28-C309-4396-9F64-F31875AB6EAA.jpeg

This is great. Once I’ve finished working with the original, how do I remove it and return to just the Smart Preview locally? The only way I’ve found is to go to the containing album, select “Store Locally,” then after it syncs, turn off “Store Locally” for the album, and clear the cache. This seems a roundabout process.

Is there any way to “turn off” the “store locally” for just the one image?

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

I don’t think it’s possible to do it on a per image basis Mike.

I would simply go to Settings >> Local Storage

Then I click the Clear Cache button.

So there is no need to download everything and other local stored albums shouldn’t be affected. I think that’s confirmed in the confirmation pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think it’s possible to do it on a per image basis Mike.

I would simply go to Settings >> Local Storage

Then I click the Clear Cache button.

So there is no need to download everything and other local stored albums shouldn’t be affected. I think that’s confirmed in the confirmation pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

99jon​ Clearing the Cache does not remove anything from Local Storage. After running it, the downloaded image is still in both locations, local and cloud. Am I misunderstanding something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried it my temporary download switched back to Smart Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You‘re right! I just went back and checked again, and now it is back to a Smart Preview. There must have been a delay in syncing because I had checked it several times previously and it still said it was locally stored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’ll try that, thanks. A related question: why doesn’t LR CC on the desktop allow you to get just one original? Seems you can grab a whole album (or the entire Library) but not just one.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been playing around with this too and can’t figure it out. I wondered if I could find the image on my iPad and delete it from the device, but it appears to be saved in a hidden directory somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines