Highlighted

Removing offline copies or moving the Lightroom catalouge

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac is full. I have 250GB of pictures in my catalogue and want to free up some space. 

1: Is there any way to remove offline copies in lightroom, only keeping the online files stored at Adobe? 

2: How do I move the entire catalogue to work on an external disk? 

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Removing offline copies or moving the Lightroom catalouge

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mac is full. I have 250GB of pictures in my catalogue and want to free up some space. 

1: Is there any way to remove offline copies in lightroom, only keeping the online files stored at Adobe? 

2: How do I move the entire catalogue to work on an external disk? 

TOPICS
FAQ, How to, Mac, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you use Lightroom (cloud), not Lightroom Classic:

1: In the preferences, you can set the location of local copies. You can also set the size of the cache.

2: No, the library needs to be in your Pictures folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga, http://www.johanfoto.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0
JimHess LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images are not in the catalog. The catalog only references where the images are located the images, if you are using Lightroom Classic, can be located on ANY hard drive that is connected to your computer. The key question that needs to be answered by you is what version of Lightroom are you using, Lightroom (for the cloud) or Lightroom Classic? Without knowing the answer to that question we can't help you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 17, 2020 0