Highlighted

Returning a Lightroom CC photo back into Lightroom after it's edited in Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No p;roblem editing Lightroon CC photo in Photoshop. I Save the file to the Cloud but it never got back to Lightroom.  That is different than it was about a month ago.  The file seems to be saved in a folder "Temporary Edits" but I can't find my edited photo in that folder whenn I do a Spotlight search to "Temporary Edits".  What is the procedure for getting a Photoshop-edited photo back into Lightroom CC?

Cmd+E (open in Photoshop)

Cmd+S to save Photoshop edits

Cmd+W to close in Photoshop and update Lightroom Library – stacked with original

N.B. don’t use “Save As” which will create a new document which Lightroom will not recognize. You must use “Save” (Cmd+S) to overwrite the tiff file sent from Lightroom.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Returning a Lightroom CC photo back into Lightroom after it's edited in Photoshop

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No p;roblem editing Lightroon CC photo in Photoshop. I Save the file to the Cloud but it never got back to Lightroom.  That is different than it was about a month ago.  The file seems to be saved in a folder "Temporary Edits" but I can't find my edited photo in that folder whenn I do a Spotlight search to "Temporary Edits".  What is the procedure for getting a Photoshop-edited photo back into Lightroom CC?

Cmd+W to close in Photoshop and update Lightroom Library – stacked with original

N.B. don’t use “Save As” which will create a new document which Lightroom will not recognize. You must use “Save” (Cmd+S) to overwrite the tiff file sent from Lightroom.

TOPICS
Mac, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 20, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 1
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Before I read your reply I "saved as" the edited file to my computer to a file on my desktop, imported that file into Lightroom and placed it in the appropriate album.  Then I tried to exit Lightroom but got a warning that if I did Photoshop could not return the edited file to Lightroom - Photoshop was waiting 18 hours for me do do something, but what?  Previouly, I had saved the file to the Cloud in Photoshop.  Maybe the problem was that I had not exited Photoshop (thanks for the "cmd + W"). 

I should be OK now.  Thanks for your help

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2019 0
Bhall96 LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me at first and now it's not have you had an my issue lately?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 17, 2020 0